Aug 5, 2007

Weird stuff... nearly meaningless

I know I go on sometimes about my horrible memory, but I do remember a lot from my childhood (though not A LOT of that) and teenage years... then of course, my 20s. It's really only been the last 4 or 5 years that I've been having recall problems.

I can't tell you how often I've offended someone because I couldn't remember stuff they'd told me. This obviously doesn't go over well on dates.

Anyway, that was a lot of rambling to get to a point. The point was that now and then I find out things that people have said about me. Like things ex-boyfriends say to new girlfriends about me. Or once in a blue moon something said about me by people I've never even met will also trickle back to me. Generally years later.

It always boggles my mind how much bullshit has been said about me over the years. Not all bad things... some stuff I hear years later is complimentary, but still never happened.

The only thing sadder than than people who'll lie about you would be those who believe them.

Meanwhile, I'm still decorating in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment