Aug 1, 2007

Decorating in my mind...

I am so thrilled that I will be living by myself in 2 months. Actually it'll be in one month, because my roomie is leaving Sept 1 or.. at least after Labor Day!

I haven't lived alone in so long. I am looking forward to the privacy the most. To be alone. If there's noise, I'm making it. If there's a mess, I made it. If there's no food, the grocery fairies didn't come. I kid.

The prospect of decorating and NOT having to take someone else's tastes into account are seriously over-loading my brain (but in a good way). I've got strange tastes, so I'm sure my apartment will be enough to induce seizures in some people.

I'm all about swag lamps for example. Click for examples: here, here, here and here.

I've also got a serious jones for those vintage glass candy dishes/ashtrays. The more elaborate, the better. Click for examples: here, here, here and here.

They're a 70s era thing that being born in 1970... I just can't get over it. Hell, I don't even want to. The funny part is that while I'm stuck in the 70s a little bit, furniture-wise... I also like a few modern pieces. And again, if those 2 conflicting tastes weren't enough... I love antique furniture pieces as well.

So I can't wait to see how it all turns out.

Here's what will be my shower curtain.

Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment