Feb 10, 2008

Losing my obsession...

I used to be obsessed with music.

I listened to it AT ALL TIMES. If I was working, even. Where I work now, I don't think we're allowed.

Although, I am very tempted to ask my boss if I can don my mp3 player... only one earphone though.

If I wasn't listening to it, I was talking about it. If no one wanted to hear it, I thought about it.. a lot.

Has my job and other thoughts about responsibilities I have just taken over my mind and pushed my music thoughts aside? If so.. how much does that suck?

I miss it. Even now. I am sitting here at my computer writing this and no music is playing. Three hours ago, I was sitting here editing my budget. Still, no music playing. Two hours ago, I was entering some Avon orders and making invoices... wait for it. You guessed it.. No music playing. Now just a mere 5.. maybe 6 months ago WinAmp would be screaming out fantastic music as I did all that junk.

I downloaded anything and everything new and fabulous (let's face it.. there's really not much quality music anymore) or nearly forgotten classics or bands that were suggested to me by random people. That is so rare now.

My collection used to be incredible. It still is.. more or less, but I severely ignore it now.

These facts have occurred to me a few times over the last 5 or 6 months and even though I say I will dive back into my old music-obsessed ways.. I just can't seem to do so. I'm either working or sleeping. There's always some reason to ignore it.

That makes me really REALLY sad.

I did just launch WinAmp though, so I guess all is NOT lost. Not entirely.

No comments:

Post a Comment