Sep 12, 2007

Overflow...

As if I needed another reason to move... you know.. beyond just wanting to...

Last night I washed 2 bowls, a dip bowl, a saucepan and it's lid, a strainer and 2 glasses... and 2 minutes later, I heard what sounded like water spilling onto the floor! My kitchen sink was overflowing.

I had not left water on and forgotten about it, but the little bit of water I used and someone else's laundry water (?) backed up into my sink and viola... a nice big mess for me to clean up. It did eventually drain, but not until after I took a bucket and emptied some of it myself.

I called my super, but it was 2 hours later when he showed up. Thanks a lot! Real helpful! *eyes rolling*

Supposedly, he's taking a snake to it today.. or some machine.. He wouldn't do this last night since it was already 11 p.m. and whatever it is he plans to use on the sink makes noise.

I can't wait to move.

I should be buying some livingroom seating Friday night. Can't wait because the "soccer mom chair" is getting stale. It's better than sitting on the floor, but only marginally.

No comments:

Post a Comment