Apr 12, 2007

Come out.. or y'know.. not.. that's ok too.

"I think Olbermann's remarks significantly up the pressure on Anderson to come out"

Really? I can't imagine how.

Why the hell should CNNs Anderson Yummy.. I mean Cooper come out? Because he has talked about his personal life (a little) in the past?

Apparently Mr. Olbermann isn't a big logic kinda guy because that must be the stupidest reason I've ever heard.

The thing about personal lives is that they're personal. See... it's right there in the name. Personal. It's like there's a gate around our info and guess what.. WE are the gate-keepers. No one else.

Sure, celebs share SOME of their personal lives with the rest of us, but because said celeb has shared one or two or three personal tidbits in the past, this in NO WAY obligates them to share everything.

Do most of us want to know? Probably.. even though in Anderson's case, finding out he is gay will probably bust up some of the fantasies I've had about him (I can do the selective memory thing if I have to), but really.. his sexuality is none of my business. Or anyone else's.

I get that Mr. Hot Hot Journalist's coming out could send a great message to other gay people that NO... you do not have to stay in the closet, but COME ON. A great message or not, HE is the one who would have to deal with any fall-out. No matter what. It's his call and no one else's.

Ever hear that saying that some things SHOULD be kept private? Celebrities must love to hang on to some semblance of their privacy and I really don't blame them. I would too if I were famous. I'd share some of my personal life, of course, but no one... sometimes not even friends and family are privy to EVERY detail.

Part of the problem is the mindset some folks have as to how they should get to dictate what we all get to know about other people's personal lives. Seriously.. who died and made you Personal Life Monitor, Mr. Olbermann?

I smell entitlement and the stench is making me wanna hurl.

2 comments:

  1. I don't want Anderson to come out.

    Really.

    I want to live in denial with the rest of straight America.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so cute though... thing is, if he sticks to his guns and doesn't spill.. I'll like him even more.

    ReplyDelete